Moving a spindle sander
I've been wanting a stationary spindle sander for a few years. Locally (sort of, about 80 miles away) one has shown up at a price I find attractive. It's a Grizzly G1071. Given the distance I'm wondering about the best way to transport it should I buy it. My f150 has a cap on it, so if it goes in the truck it would to be on it's back. Alternatively I could pull my little trailer (6'x10') and maybe tie it upright and bring it home....but tipping it on it's side into the truck would be a lot simpler. It's not all that heavy, 300#, but I suspect putting it in the truck may be easier than trying to wrestle it up the trailer ramp (mesh floor about 4' long). Opinions?
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
you have an engine hoist whe I went to pick up some items I used mine to load it then just strapped every thing down
Take the table and trunions off drain any oil if it has an oil reservoir, tilt it on its back and go.   I've hauled a lot worse in a RAV4

Rick
Rick

After reading the manual for that machine there is 4.5 qts. of 90 weight oil in the gearbox. If I were to transport this machine I would keep it up right, use the trailer. Use a hand truck to get up the tail gate ramp. Tilting it a little should not spill any oil. Then tie it down well.
Treat others as you want to be treated.

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” — Mae West.
24- year cancer survivor
Thanks guys, If i can work out enough time to go get I suspect I'll use the trailer....appreciate the input.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I bought one of those 17 years ago, I paid $375 at Grizzly in Springfield.
VH07V