Woodnet Forums

Full Version: The new Mikiespace - 40X64X16 Pole Barn
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Got the first Liftmaster 8500 Jackshaft Garage Door Opener installed this week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9NEewYv_wQ
Timely, I was just wondering how things are progressing!
Awesome Job Mike.. what a great shop.
Its alive!
A touch windy that day? Sounded like you should have been doing the Tumbleweed thing.
Bump to see if further progress has been made . . . .
Yup, we need more. I'm Jonesing, here!

Yup.....I was thinking about it yesterday too.....
Ill get pics up this weekend. Got 16 more light 2X4s wired up on the bench - these get hung in the trusses. I have installed one. Have hung up one light as well its just not wired up yet. These will be for the first eight T5HO 6 bulb lights. Also got all the lights wired up with pig tails. Decided to hang them with eye bolts and use stainless steel zip ties and dog leash ends to hang the lights. The stainless zip ties hold 150lbs each and the dog leash ends are preaty HD. Will make for quick connect at the ceiling. To lift the lights I bought a 2" wide 6' long velcor box handle that you can wrap around anything that will fit. I just lift the whole box up the scaffolding using hand over hand and a cable. Best way I could think to get the 2X4 lights up 16'. I am going to arrange my wiring for the 3-way switches in the air for these new lights as well. Adding some 2X6s at the ends of the building for wiring across the west and south walls - makes it super clean and gives it a great place to secure the romex.

Been shopping too trying to improve the organization of all the parts and pieces going into the shop. Amazing how much of that stuff adds up and it will cover everything if you let it.

This month's purchases
New Harbor Freight 56" lower toolbox - and a bunch of Dewalt mechanics tools for the new shop off Craigslist - This will give a big box at each end of the shop (metal area for one and wod area for the other. Went with Dewalt as I will know the other box has the craftsman stuff in it.

Two of those Parts Bin racks/bins from Sams club - these are awesome and prob going to add two more at least

New to me Gladiator Garage Fridge on the big casters - got a deal and it is pretty sweet and energy efficient and works in 1-115 deg F. The big casters rock

Aero-Motive Electrical retractable reel for above bench access eventually

Adding some chamberlain MyQ qall switches for out door lights (control via a remote or via a ios/android app) - if you buy the package WSCLEV they come with mini remots as well - my tractor now has its own garage door opener lol.

Couple new future tools - Leigh FMT and that England made 52ED vise Fasteddie sold.

Pics later
T5HO 6 bulbs on 20amp circuit and separate circuit for the outlets between them.

New Fridge

New HF 56 Bottom Box with plywood laid on top till I get a chance to make a decent one

Some of the Dewalt tools - Pretty decent quality for teh price and no hassle lifetime replacement (via a call to Dewalt)

New Parts Bins from Sams club

Johnny's Garage door opener on key LOL