Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Email:

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 53,416
» Latest member: rjaysax
» Forum threads: 65,029
» Forum posts: 1,006,961

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 316 online users.
» 15 Member(s) | 298 Guest(s)
Facebook, Bing, Google, branchacctg, Dave Crow, camp10, jstrong, Wudshop, J-W-P, Z28Doug

Latest Threads
FWW archive won't unzip
Forum: Woodworking
Last Post: Aram
17 minutes ago
» Replies: 2
» Views: 71
Tree of Life
Last Post: FrankAtl
34 minutes ago
» Replies: 4
» Views: 62
Crab apple root ball and ...
Forum: Woodturning
Last Post: EightFingers
1 hour ago
» Replies: 2
» Views: 71
A Project for May?
Forum: Woodworking Hand Tools
Last Post: bandit571
1 hour ago
» Replies: 5
» Views: 94
Bench Project
Last Post: titanxt
6 hours ago
» Replies: 14
» Views: 302
mulch options for grass s...
Forum: Home Improvement
Last Post: JosephP
Yesterday, 08:48 PM
» Replies: 13
» Views: 448
Retractable Electrical Ho...
Forum: Woodworking Power Tools
Last Post: BpB123
Yesterday, 03:13 PM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 580
Whatever happened to Dere...
Last Post: Joe Bailey
Yesterday, 10:10 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 435
Wood Haul found on the si...
Last Post: fishhh4
Yesterday, 04:44 AM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 360
Glen-Drake Joinery Saw ...
Forum: Tool Swap N' Sell
Last Post: brad jansen
04-29-2024, 09:11 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 166

Travelling Tool Chest
Posted by: Daniel S - 04-10-2016, 09:32 PM - Forum: Woodworking Hand Tools - Replies (7)

Daniel S said:

Nice cat box - oh, I mean tool box.

Yes, a nice tool box indeed.

Print this item

Deer Netting for a Garden
Posted by: sroxberg - 04-10-2016, 09:01 PM - Forum: Home Improvement - Replies (10)

Our community garden used 12' T posts and 8' welded(hog) wire. That surrounds their 18 fruit trees.

Print this item

Cherry Sideboard
Posted by: Zalsa - 04-10-2016, 08:59 PM - Forum: Woodworking - Replies (11)

It's a great form, and the bookmatch and using all of the wood makes it visually very interesting. My motto is embrace the imperfection, so it works for me, but I know some want straight plain looks, so it might not be everyone's cup of tea. In that regard if you are happy, that is what matters

Are the handles twigs? Please post a closer view.

Print this item

Citric acid residue
Posted by: RickW - 04-10-2016, 08:19 PM - Forum: Woodworking Hand Tools - Replies (5)

All acid type fluids will to that to metal. That's why I never use it on a saw blade. Even Evapo-Rust will leave a white scum on the metal, but it can be easily removed for the most part, but a saw blade will still be discolored with a matte finish that is not easy to remove.

The only way I can think of to remove that stuff is with a fine wire brush, by hand.

Were you trying to sharpen the files or just remove some rust?

Print this item

Jointer speed question
Posted by: Wild Turkey - 04-10-2016, 08:14 PM - Forum: Woodworking Power Tools - Replies (5)

Look up the specs on similar sized jointers.
https://d27ewrs9ow50op.cloudfront.net/sp...593_ds.pdf
Typically they use 3450 rpm motors. More torque. 5500 cutter head speed is common. Slower speeds just mean slower feeding. My old Oliver 16" with direct drive was 3450 rpm. You guys need to learn to search. Just new people asking old questions.

Print this item

Just got a Sherline lathe - need to outfit for wood.
Posted by: Mr_Mike - 04-10-2016, 07:53 PM - Forum: Woodturning - Replies (5)

The wife made me go to dinner before I could post the picture...

The thing in front is a vertical post to turn it into a small mill. I have no clue if it works well yet.

Print this item

Making Some Handles for Hand Saw Files
Posted by: Wdcrvr - 04-10-2016, 04:06 PM - Forum: Woodworking Hand Tools - Replies (7)

I just drill a hole to fit, fill it with epoxy and jam the tail of the file into it. Mine have never come loose.

Print this item

6 in dust collection hose clamps
Posted by: weelis - 04-10-2016, 02:02 PM - Forum: Woodworking - Replies (1)

You'll note there is a multitude of screw type, either with a screwdriver, wrench, or thumbscrew in 6" size, There are not the pinch together wire type though. I have some of the 4" thinking them to be quick and easy to use. What I have found is they will not hold tight on my higher rated DC. On my junky less powerful DC they stay on fine. My conclusion is they aren't rated high enough for hold to work well on a 6" dc.

Having used the thumbscrew variety I can say they are fast, and you don't need a tool to swap them out. They also offer a sound hold with no slipping off of the tube from the DC male end. This may prove to be your only workable clamp.

A work around is to use a conventional clamp on a short piece of tube, and one of these at the end.

Then just screw the tube for the DC to the stub piece on the tool.

Print this item

Humming jointer/BS while plugged in?
Posted by: bobs64ford352 - 04-10-2016, 01:34 PM - Forum: Woodworking Power Tools - Replies (4)

Well, I just came a cross a popular mechanics article with someone asking the exact question. The answer was that it is normal for delta light-industrial machines. They use a transformer to create 24v to use for the magnetic switch.

Now my question is can I get rid of that and just wire up a newer mag switch? I don't really like the idea of a transformer sitting there powered up all the time and it would be nice not to have to plug and unplug it every time I use it.

Bob

Print this item

show me your miter saw auxiliary fence
Posted by: mbw - 04-10-2016, 12:35 PM - Forum: Woodworking Power Tools - Replies (1)

I used Kreg's solution - shocking I know but no pic handy of it lol.

Print this item

Product Recommendations

Here are some supplies and tools we find essential in our everyday work around the shop. We may receive a commission from sales referred by our links; however, we have carefully selected these products for their usefulness and quality.