Where is everyone????
So...are YOU willing to do the videos in MY shop?

Are YOU "Following/Stalking" me through the 4 very different forums I happen to be on? 

I really do not care IF  SOME on ONE forum does not care for the way I run MY shop the way I want to do what I do

Been doing this for a LONG time...seems to work for me.    Whether it works for YOU....Meh.  Not my problem.  

I am basically just puttering around in MY very small shop...and having ( most days) a  LOT of FUN.   And, somedays, it seems to include "Keyboards @ 10 paces"..

I am trying to run a Small Woodshop...and not a Photo Studio, nor a Recording Studio. 

There once was a fellow over at Knots, first name was Mel...who seemed to think the same way that you are now.

YOU could do the same thing as Mel did...start up a forum that suited how HE wanted everybody to sound like he did...did not last very long.

I try to do things the "Old Fashioned Way" and PRESERVE how things were done back BEFORE youTube  Warriors tried to control what was being put out on forums.
So..IF you do not like how I run MY shop...go and start another Sharpening Thread, or something...not everybody NEEDS to see moving pictures to understand a subject, unless they have their face staring down at their phone.  

To quote Charlie Daniels " ..if you don't like the way I'm living, then just leave this Long Haired Country Boy ALONE"

"Keyboards at 10 Paces!"
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
(07-10-2024, 08:20 AM)bandit571 Wrote: So...are YOU willing to do the videos in MY shop?

Are YOU "Following/Stalking" me through the 4 very different forums I happen to be on? 

I really do not care IF  SOME on ONE forum does not care for the way I run MY shop the way I want to do what I do

Been doing this for a LONG time...seems to work for me.    Whether it works for YOU....Meh.  Not my problem.  

I am basically just puttering around in MY very small shop...and having ( most days) a  LOT of FUN.   And, somedays, it seems to include "Keyboards @ 10 paces"..

I am trying to run a Small Woodshop...and not a Photo Studio, nor a Recording Studio. 

There once was a fellow over at Knots, first name was Mel...who seemed to think the same way that you are now.

YOU could do the same thing as Mel did...start up a forum that suited how HE wanted everybody to sound like he did...did not last very long.

I try to do things the "Old Fashioned Way" and PRESERVE how things were done back BEFORE youTube  Warriors tried to control what was being put out on forums.
So..IF you do not like how I run MY shop...go and start another Sharpening Thread, or something...not everybody NEEDS to see moving pictures to understand a subject, unless they have their face staring down at their phone.  

To quote Charlie Daniels " ..if you don't like the way I'm living, then just leave this Long Haired Country Boy ALONE"

"Keyboards at 10 Paces!"
Just my opinion, but I think this forum is big enough for both video and still photography..they both have their place in woodworking as well as other fields of interest..I personally like all types of metal work just as well as I do woodworking..and IMO, they are similar in many ways. I don't apologize for being a "Youtuber"...Youtube allows me, at almost 92 years of age, to enjoy watching others do what I used to be able to do...or at least "attempt" to do..If a "picture is worth a thousand words"...how many words is a thousand MOVING  {and talking} pictures worth? I think we have room for both.
Big Grin

[Image: IMG-0804.jpg]
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

(07-08-2024, 05:06 PM)iclark Wrote: Pedder.

The works that both you individually and you with your partner have shared with us are very much appreciated. They are works of craftsmanship that rise to the level of art. It is inspirational to see such beautifully crafted tools.

I have learned from the discussions that centered around the pieces that you shared, the concepts that you shared about the designs (things like hang angle and grip) have helped educate me about what to look for when shopping for used saws (saws possibly in my budget). When Blacky's Boy was posting about his start up business for saw plates and saw backs, I had a better understanding about what he was doing thanks to you and others here.

A few decades ago, my wife and I were blessed with the opportunity to help Kelly Freas (a professional science fiction illustrator) after his wife died. That included seeing works in progress as well as seeing him making art with an air brush. Kelly was a remarkable artist and I developed a deeper understanding of how art can be conceived and executed. That deepened my appreciation of art in general and his art in particular. That said, I have no delusion that I have the skill to do what he did.

Similarly, I have no delusion that I could emulate what you make (even at the basic functional level). Even trying would likely mean giving up my woodworking time at the lathe and at the workbench.

So, I express my deep appreciation of your work when you choose to share with us. If you don't mention it (and no one beat me to it in the thread) I will ask about the wood that you used. That is the part of what I learn from you and others that I can try to apply to my efforts.

Pedder is being far too modest. Since he won't post a picture, it has been left up to me to do the dirty deed: a stunning CC saw with Karelian Birch handle: it performs just as good as it looks. Phil
[Image: temp-Imagex-N4-Ip-Q.avif]" />
(07-10-2024, 10:55 AM)Philip1231 Wrote: Pedder is being far too modest. Since he won't post a picture, it has been left up to me to do the dirty deed: a stunning CC saw with Karelian Birch handle: it performs just as good as it looks. Phil
[Image: temp-Imagex-N4-Ip-Q.avif]" />
Almost too pretty for my grubby hands to touch, let alone..use...
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Nacular degeneration means that I am too blind to see a line let alone cut to it.  I can still read, with difficulty, enlarged about 6X.  I check in on occassion.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
I haven’t been able to post pictures for several years, and without pics, it didn’t happen.

I also can’t seem to quote someone’s post to reply for some reason.

It’s frustrating.
Dave Arbuckle was kind enough to create a Sketchup model of my WorkMate benchtop: http://www.arbolloco.com/sketchup/MauleSkinnerBenchtop.skp
(07-11-2024, 03:59 PM)MauleSkinner Wrote: I haven’t been able to post pictures for several years, and without pics, it didn’t happen.

It’s frustrating.

I have the same problem and its frustrating.
(07-11-2024, 03:59 PM)MauleSkinner Wrote: I haven’t been able to post pictures for several years, and without pics, it didn’t happen.

It’s frustrating.

Hi Maule,

If you press the reply button down right at the post you want to quote, you get a full quote automatically. (please edit the quote to s usefull length.)

The pictures: You have to upload the pictures anywhere else. I Use a secret blog for that, Derek his homepage, but there should be other resorces to upload. Then You copy the picture adresse, click on the picture here in the menu and fill the picture adress. (This is not the page adres of the page you are getting the pictures from.)

Cheers
Pedder
All forums in their current form will die with the Gen Silent and Babyboomers and maybe to a less extent Gen X.

Gens Y and Z are all visual, video games and social media. Nope, forums are not social media, and that's why they'll die. Hopeless to try to change the fate.

Anyone know about FOG? A year ago, it used to have 80 to 100 exchanges a day. Less than half now.

What's hot? Shorts. People's attention span is getting shorter and shorter.

Oh, Woodworker's Journal is folding. Woodworking magazines and forums are cut from the same cloth.

Simon
I don't feel old because of the years I've been around but because none of the things I knew as I matured are around anymore.  I still live in the town I grew up in and today it's just a shadow of what it was.  Everything changes.  It is what it is.