What backup parts for PC310?
(03-06-2018, 12:19 AM)Aram Wrote: Yep! I ordered brushes, collets and collet nut, and bearings from eReplacementParts. Thanks everyone.

(03-06-2018, 01:45 AM)photobug Wrote: Is this a concern for just this product or are all PC replacement parts going away?

I own 3 P-C routers (310, 690, & 890 in my router table) - have not bought any spare parts to date - the 690 is probably 20+ years old; all work fine but I'm just an occasional woodworker, so none have been abused.  The only issue w/ the 310 is bit removal, i.e. I usually have to loosen the collet, then 'tap it' a few times to free up the bit shank.  I've not check the brushes which would probably be my main concern - would need to do a search to see 'what' to look for - 
Winkgrin  Dave
Piedmont North Carolina
(03-06-2018, 01:45 AM)photobug Wrote: Is this a concern for just this product or are all PC replacement parts going away?

I heard some time back the PC310 was going away, but don't know if it did.
All of the tool co. buyouts have things messed up.
I have half a dozen of the PC7310 routers and they haven't disappeared yet. Still in production.
The PC310 was always touted as the commercial shop router in small routers.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(03-05-2018, 10:28 AM)Aram Wrote: I have a PC 310, love it. It just occurred to me to buy a backup collet and collet nut. Any other parts I should pick up, just in case, before they become unavailable?

Thanks!

Why a collet/collet nut?  I've had routers for the last 45 years and now have eight of them.  I've never had to replace a collet/collet nut. 
Confused
Bob
(03-06-2018, 08:19 PM)BobW Wrote: Why a collet/collet nut?  I've had routers for the last 45 years and now have eight of them.  I've never had to replace a collet/collet nut. 
Confused

Law of physics. If I don't have a spare, I will lose or break both of them.

BTW I have broken a collet in a larger router.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site