12 - 14 gloat
I picked one up for $300 a few blocks from my house.  Skizzo sent me the CL ad and I took advantage of it but the saw was in rough shape compared to the one here.  7.5 hp not so house friendly for most
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

(08-25-2018, 07:11 PM)EvilTwin Wrote: That the one from VA Beach schools?  Good score.  I got one about 10 years ago, had to ride all the way to the other side of VA to get it.  And it turned out to have a cracked trunnion that needed welding.

VA Beach schools . yes . Stuff goes dirt cheap down there . Newport News etc . etc . variable speed 1150 A went for 2 bills last week .
Bob ..... I was at the place at 7:45 am to get loaded ....Strapped down at 8:06 .... had to be at job for 2nd shift in Pittsburgh . I work on the road ( stay in motel room ) , and have not made home till now .

If it can't kill you it probably ain't no good. Better living through chemicals.

(08-25-2018, 10:06 PM)fishhh4 Wrote: VA Beach schools . yes . Stuff goes dirt cheap down there . Newport News etc . etc . variable speed 1150 A went for 2 bills last week .
Bob ..... I was at the place at 7:45 am to get loaded ....Strapped down at 8:06 .... had to be at job for 2nd shift in Pittsburgh . I work on the road ( stay in motel room ) , and have not made home till now .

Glad to hear you made it home.  Probably made the ride home a bit smoother I know my truck has a nicer ride with a bit of weight in it
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

(08-25-2018, 10:11 PM)Bob10 Wrote: Glad to hear you made it home.  Probably made the ride home a bit smoother I know my truck has a nicer ride with a bit of weight in it
I am glad to be home !!!!!!! Thank you Bob .

If it can't kill you it probably ain't no good. Better living through chemicals.

this am

I am thinking full refurb .....Bearings ..belts ..Paint . Probably won't  touch motor ...just paint . Its a louis Alllis Pacemaker 3 hp ...bulletproof . Did not know they offered a 3 hp ... Or maybe it is a replacement . No time to dig right now . got a plug and wire for it ... Will have to figure out whether it was running 460 or 230 . My understanding is two wire to lL1 , L2 , L3 is 460 ... One wire is 230 . Can't wait to dig into it .
Smirk 

(08-30-2018, 01:39 PM)fishhh4 Wrote: I am thinking full refurb .....Bearings ..belts ..Paint . Probably won't  touch motor ...just paint . Its a louis Alllis Pacemaker 3 hp ...bulletproof . Did not know they offered a 3 hp ... Or maybe it is a replacement . No time to dig right now . got a plug and wire for it ... Will have to figure out whether it was running 460 or 230 . My understanding is two wire to lL1 , L2 , L3 is 460 ... One wire is 230 . Can't wait to dig into it .
Smirk 

This is a link to my restore of one.  http://owwm.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4978...ta+12%2F14
(08-30-2018, 01:59 PM)EvilTwin Wrote: This is a link to my restore of one.  http://owwm.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4978...ta+12%2F14

I remember that one. Did you ever fill in that gap next to the router table or get the fence made?
If you are going to sell that one you must have at least a Wadkin PK or Altendorf F45 in your workshop aye?

I am not a fan of American cabinet saws but that one looks like it would be pretty much equal to a good European cabinet saw. Nor quite the machine a woodworker should sell unless he has something even better.
Part timer living on the western coast of Finland. Not a native speaker of English
(08-30-2018, 02:52 PM)stav Wrote: I remember that one. Did you ever fill in that gap next to the router table or get the fence made?

Yeah, long time ago.  Used a piece of oak to fill in, made a fence out of some 80/20 and some benchdog pieces.  Don't know if I have a current picture posted somewhere that I can link to, this site has no upload capability.

[Image: P1030736.JPG]