Sandpaper storage for SuperMax 19-38 base
I saw this yesterday on one of the Facebook groups Nicely done! You've given me an idea of another place to find storage space.
(01-08-2019, 05:47 AM)stav Wrote: That looks well thought out. Nicely done.

It appears you are storing other papers than just what the machine uses under there.

I'm storing 9x11 sheets, belt sander, Fein multi tool, and stationary belt sander as well.
Gary

Living under the radar, heading for "off the grid."

Any chance of seeing more detail in the pictures? Does this assemble in the stand or assemble and then slide in? Or if not can you send the pics via Dropbox or private email? I can't do anything yet as I have at least 3-4 weeks before I can use the left shoulder actively but am lining up projects taht will make the shop more efficient in space.
That's a clever use of the space. My DS was one of the tools I struggled with how to optimize the under table space when I still had mine.

michael
Every day find time to appreciate life. It is far too short and 'things' happen. RIP Willem
(01-14-2019, 01:40 PM)sreilly24590 Wrote: Any chance of seeing more detail in the pictures? Does this assemble in the stand or assemble and then slide in? Or if not can you send the pics via Dropbox or private email? I can't do anything yet as I have at least 3-4 weeks before I can use the left shoulder actively but am lining up projects taht will make the shop more efficient in space.

I've had the sander for a few years.  I just started to build it out without taking the base apart.  I used T&G pine for the sides and back because it makes it easier to fit the pieces in place.  I then screwed them to the legs.  I figured out where I wanted drawers and sheet storage and placed blocks between the sides and the 3/4" hardwood slide supports on the left side and top right side.  I glued and nailed the sheet storage in place then attached the drawer slides to the side of the sheet storage carcass.
Gary

Living under the radar, heading for "off the grid."

Excellent job Gary! I may have to borrow your design
Smile
Formerly known as John's Woodshop
Nicely done. I have a Jet 16-32 on a similar stand. The space underneath has been wasted ... up until now.

Thanks for the inspiration.

--
See ya later,
Bill
(02-16-2019, 08:33 PM)Bill_de Wrote: Nicely done. I have a Jet 16-32 on a similar stand. The space underneath has been wasted ... up until now.

Thanks for the inspiration.

--

Bill_de, haven't seen you around for some time. Good to see you post again.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Thanks. I dusted off the tools and so far every thing still works! Now I have to remember what to do with them.

--
See ya later,
Bill