This was supposed to be a stepstool
(05-02-2019, 07:17 AM)Rob Lee Wrote: Hi Mike -

Here's one you may be interested in.... my son just made one of these for granddaughter #1. It's a hack of an Ikea stool - but would be straightforward to make from scratch.

Learning Tower

Kids love it!

Cheers -

Rob

Thanks for the idea on the Learning Tower!   Now, just to keep the wife from seeing this post......until next winter.
Wink
(05-02-2019, 09:05 AM)Bill_Houghton Wrote: OSHA would be proud of that learning tower than Rob Lee posted - guard rails and all.

Oops! Forgot the lead wagon and warning light. Where's the harness restraint. And, they need approved footwear. I'm sure a skilled inspector will find numerous faults. Then, Good Housekeeping needs to run through it. ... Who else?

BTW, nice diving board Mike.
(05-02-2019, 10:34 AM)hbmcc Wrote: Oops! Forgot the lead wagon and warning light. Where's the harness restraint. And, they need approved footwear. I'm sure a skilled inspector will find numerous faults. Then, Good Housekeeping needs to run through it. ... Who else?

Well, there is that...

[Image: d3b5fb5d34fd896bb21f95b2096164ba.jpg]
I love it Mike.  Is the bottom one piece shaped like an "L" and then the steps put in?
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(05-06-2019, 01:24 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: I love it Mike.  Is the bottom one piece shaped like an "L" and then the steps put in?

You got it right, Arlin.  That was an 14" width clear white pine board.  Got a little dovetail practice too.
My Dad made us kids a step stool. We used it to reach the sink when brushing our teeth. I'm 58 now and my 60yo sister still has the stool. Her grand kids use it when they visit. I made my grandson one too. IMHO, not a better gift for a little one... Instant heirloom.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

I did the same thing, sorta. I made my daughter a stepstool from some Chestnut found in our barn. She used it to brush her teeth. Now, her daughter uses it for the same thing. It's very gratifying to see it still in use.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry