Another wood ID request
Ambrosia Maple......never seen spalt like that.

Ed
First board (left) looks to have had mold on it at one point.
4th board looks like spalt spots
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Sure looks like hickory to me. Maybe used as trim for cabinets. Hard would match up with hickory. Hickory is slightly heavier than oak, and moderately more heavy than maple.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
(08-20-2019, 04:15 PM)farmerj111 Wrote: I picked it up in Reno NV.  It's so hard I don't think it's spalting, as I thought that took weight out of the wood.  I did see some ambrosia maple that reminded me of it, so I thought it might be a fungus.

I've never heard of hackberry, but I have lots of poplar, and it is far heavier than that.
Definitely not oak or maple. https://www.lowes.com/pd/allen-roth-ches...1000389529  is close enough?
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.
Throw it in some water....if it sinks its hornbeam.

Obviously stained from being in the weather. How it was on a construction site in Reno, only God knows.

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

(08-21-2019, 12:43 PM)packerguy® Wrote: Throw it in some water....if it sinks its hornbeam.

Obviously stained from being in the weather. How it was on a construction site in Reno, only God knows.

Nope, it floats.

Took it down to the hardwood dealer, their best guess was some kind of maple stained by a fungus or something.

Thanks for everyone's guesses, I think I'll just call it ambrosia hickberry. 
Laugh
Looks like hickory to me too.
My first look i thought hickory as well.
earl
The two on the right look very much like Laurel Oak.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
Hmm, if it is really hickory I could use that in my smoker.  I think i need to burn a little of it.  I'm going to pull out another board and clean it up and post a new pic tomorrow.