Caster Source?
Anyone have a good source for 3" swivel locking casters that don't cost a bunch? I need them for some carts, and the total load might be 200 - 300 pounds. Years ago I bought a bunch from Hartville Tool but they don't seem to have them any longer (or at least my pitiful search didn't locate them. I can try some Amazon generics, but thought I would check here to see if anyone has a particular type they could recommend.
(09-07-2020, 04:02 PM)jcredding Wrote: Anyone have a good source for 3" swivel locking casters that don't cost a bunch?  I need them for some carts, and the total load might be 200 - 300 pounds.  Years ago I bought a bunch from Hartville Tool but they don't seem to have them any longer (or at least my pitiful search didn't locate them.  I can try some Amazon generics, but thought I would check here to see if anyone has a particular type they could recommend.

Try Home Depot. I bought  a set of four. Type in swivel caster and look for Model 17208 I bought them and  I am impressed with mine although the price has gone up about $5 sine I last bought. I had them shipped to my house and got them a lot faster than expected.

Tom
Best value (price and quality) I got was from Amazon
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.

amazon 4 pack locking casters

I also found the best casters with locks on amazon
Life is what you make of it, change your thinking, change your life!
Don's woodshop
Thanks - and thanks for the link. I’ll order a few sets.
I have all Kreg casters on my mobile tools in the shop and I love them.
Grant

"GO BUCKEYES"
I've had good luck with Harbor Freight for casters.  

$4.19 each; 125 pound rated per caster.  With four casters that is a total of 500 pounds.

https://www.harborfreight.com/material-h...66360.html

Note:  I corrected the link address.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Try Lee Valley,they usually have a good variety.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
I got these off Amazon

POWERTEC 17208 3-Inch Swivel Double Lock Polyurethane Plate Caster Gray, 4-Pack
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
https://www.casterdepot.com/

great selection and a helpful staff
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry