1964 Delta 8in jointer
I have the same jointer though a little older and with a single phase motor.  Good, solid machine.  I will throw out a little advice here.  I don't do it too much any more but for a while I was planing wide and heavy planks.  Even with supports it can be not an easy task to deal with.  The biggest thing I ran into was the machine could become tippy if you weren't careful.  My solution was to make a mobile base for it that was as long as the machine and attached the base of the machine to it.  I used locking wheels so it it was solid once it was in place (I don't have a lot of room so need to move it out of the way when not in use.  Because I moved it often, I even made a frame around the pot belly so it wouldn't get hit.

(09-02-2022, 09:17 AM)mr_skittle Wrote: The tables are in great shape. Not even any surface rust. But that didn't stop me from getting carried away. I wanted to get it nice and slippy so I started with 220grit dry and ended on 3000 grit wet. I just need to figure out the best cleaner to get the stubborn drip stains off the sides. At some point, someone got carried away with spreading oil or something to protect the surface and it dripped down the sides. Any suggestions on a serious cleaner that won't damage the paint at all?

Try denatured alcohol to remove the dried oil. We used that for dried mineral oil. Roly
hcbph, Those must have been some serious boards to make this thing tippy. That's a heck of a mobile base too.

Here's a little update on the machine. I've gotten all the machined surfaces cleaned up and waxed. I installed a Lux III spiral cutterhead, got it all back together, tables leveled and the fence squared. The only thing missing is the motor. I was getting some help from an electrician on getting an outlet installed and the motor wired right when, against my better judgment, I let the electrician bring it back to their motor shop for a tune-up. I called to check up on it yesterday and they had broken the pulley taking it off!

Any suggestions where to look for a new, high-quality pulley?
How do you know you're learning anything if you don't screw up once in awhile?

My blog: http://birdsandboards.blogspot.com/
McMaster Carr might have what you need:

https://www.mcmaster.com/
a motor shop will also have good quality replacements.
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm hoping I can find one around town. I'll check with the electric motor shop in my neighborhood. I was also going to as the place where I've gotten bearings in the past for my 1940 bandsaw.

[attachment=44270 Wrote:mr_skittle pid='8102096' dateline='1663449151']hcbph, Those must have been some serious boards to make this thing tippy. That's a heck of a mobile base too.

Any suggestions where to look for a new, high-quality pulley?

The planks were serious, curved tops for a bars standup area.  Required jointing some ~2" thick, maybe 8" wide and about 8' long to make them.  To say they were heavy is putting it mildly.

I had to replace the pulley on mine, I think I ended up getting a cast iron replacement from McMaster-Carr.  Mine wobbled a little and I wanted a cast iron one so I could use a segmented belt and not worry about pulley wear.

Attached Files Image(s)

(09-18-2022, 09:28 AM)mr_skittle Wrote: Thanks for the suggestions. I'm hoping I can find one around town. I'll check with the electric motor shop in my neighborhood. I was also going to as the place where I've gotten bearings in the past for my 1940 bandsaw.

When I needed a new pulley for an old Delta 37-220 jointer I had acquired, I found the correct pulley in stock at my local Ace Hardware.

As long as you have the dimensions, you do have a good shot at finding one, I think.  Delta didn't get too crazy with unique proprietary parts for common items like pulleys.
Ray
(formerly "WxMan")
I ordered a pulley through Motions Industries. They were so helpful when it came to finding bearings for my 1940 Delta bandsaw I figured I'd start there. I did call a couple of other places that had the same thing for $15-30 more. It is cast iron and substantially heavier than the old one. They had it drop shipped and I got it at home the next day.

The old pulley was super cheap! It looked a lot like galvanized tin or something. Seeing how cheap it seemed I was less annoyed by the shop that broke it, but I still brought in the invoice for the new one asking them to consider discounting the amount from the final bill. The motor otherwise looks great. They put a fresh coat of paint on the end bells, replaces the bearings and brushes, and labeled their rewiring well. The last step is to install a cord and plug!