Trying to help Arlin, might need a favor from a Powermatic 3520B owner
(02-11-2023, 06:59 PM)jcredding Wrote: Frank - I have a 3520b so if you need something just let me know.  Work’s really crazy right now but I can get out to the shop to answer questions.  John

Thank you sir!
Hey Frank how did your hand surgery go?  Hope it is healing fast.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
The willingness of folks here to reach out and help others is remarkable. Some good people here.

GM, former turner of peethticks.
The only tool I have is a lathe.  Everything else is an accessory.
(02-23-2023, 09:19 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Hey Frank how did your hand surgery go?  Hope it is healing fast.

Hi Arlin
The surgery went well and I'm supposed to get the splint off on Tuesday. When they told me they were going to put a splint on after the surgery I imagined something that just immobilized my middle finger. Turns out it's more like a half cast! It's amazing how hard it is to do anything when you only have one hand! I should be able to get back to your VFD after I get the splint off.

Thanks for asking!

Frank
(02-24-2023, 08:11 AM)FrankAtl Wrote: Hi Arlin
The surgery went well and I'm supposed to get the splint off on Tuesday. When they told me they were going to put a splint on after the surgery I imagined something that just immobilized my middle finger. Turns out it's more like a half cast! It's amazing how hard it is to do anything when you only have one hand! I should be able to get back to your VFD after I get the splint off.

Thanks for asking!

Frank

Just concerend about your hand and hoping nothing bad would happen and all good.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

Hi Arlin,
I got the big ugly splint taken off my hand last Tuesday morning and as luck would have it, came down with a big ugly respiratory infection Tuesday evening! I'm feeling better today so I'm back on our project. I was having problems figuring out one part of the wiring but thanks to the help of a couple other Woodnet members sending me information/links, I have it figured out. I'm currently putting together instructions on connecting the wiring and making a modification to the potentiometer wiring. The modification requires running a new wire from the front panel controls through the headstock to the VFD and might require two people to do it. Do you have someone who can assist you in case it's necessary? I don't think it's too big of a deal but since I don't have the lathe, I'm not sure.

I'm picking up the VFD from my office tomorrow morning and will power it up and program the necessary parameters and make sure it runs. I'll email you the wiring instructions as soon as I'm finished with them.
(02-24-2023, 07:51 AM)Grey Mountain Wrote: The willingness of folks here to reach out and help others is remarkable.  Some good people here.

GM, former turner of peethticks.

And you are one of them. I am still using the tail stock you sent me, probably 10 years ago.

Arlin,
I just sent you an email. I programmed and tested the VFD and I think it's ready to go. Reply to my email and I'll get it shipped first thing tomorrow.

Frank
Well guys I pickup up my headstock on Saturday 4/15 and can not wait for my SIL to bring it into the shop to start turning again.

A HUGE thank you to Frank for the inverter and all the wiring and programming work he did.

Thanks Frank!!!

You're welcome Arlin! Now go turn sumpthin'!
Smile