Cherry Sideboard
Very nice. It's great! Better than most.

Comments? I only offer constructive criticism if asked. So....

Easy for me to say after the fact, but I would make the legs thicker, more substantial. A taper on the underside of the the top would also make it lighter, more elegant. The door rails and stiles could be thinner, again adding elegance. Hinges that were not visible from the front would also be an idea.

But again, very well done!
Thanks for comments everyone - good suggestions that I can consider in my next piece.
The handle is Walnut - shaped like a comma.
Thanks!
That deserves at least a: Holy Crap that's beautiful.
I agree that this must be a piece that looks much different in person versus on my phone, but it is clearly strong work. I could ask about sapwood placement, handle location, leg thickness, top size or hinge color, but the only thing I WILL ask about is the curved stiles on front. It looks like one tapers up and the other tapers down? Am I seeing that right?

I love the hunt/sideboard category of case pieces- hope to make one someday - and yours is nicely creative version.
Lumber Logs, domestic hardwoods at wholesale prices: http://www.woodfinder.com/listings/012869.php

Lumber Logs' blog: Follow the adventure
looks nice, something about the bookmatched door panels does not work with the piece (a crotch or a curly cherry would look nicer)
Bravo! Love your board selection. As is my mantra, "The beauty is in the imperfections."

Tom:
The center stiles do taper in different directions - in fact, the taper alternates directions across the 4 frames - on the cabinet and doors.