My wife is great - shop clean up edition
It's nice to have help - as long as you have similar ideas about where things should be...

And I do love a clean shop...
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
Nice shop. Wish mine was that organized. Ken
How do you like the Grizz edge sander? I heard the feet had problems for such a heavy machine. Looking to upgrade from my 6x108.

Jeremy s said:

How do you like the Grizz edge sander? I heard the feet had problems for such a heavy machine. Looking to upgrade from my 6x108.

Love it and would not be without it. I upgraded from a 6x108. It is VERY top heavy and almost tipped over when I was getting it off its pallet but it is rock solid stable now. I've never had any problems with the feet at all. What kinds of problems are people reporting with the feet?

Like all edge sanders if the operator slips while holding the piece of wood and it will sand off finger tips and finger nails in milliseconds. The issue is this one takes off 10X more skin or nail in the same amount of time.
My wife will only take a couple steps into the shop. She doesn't like the dirt or smells - and that's just me.
John

Always use the right tool for the job.

We need to clean house.
Curlycherry said:

[blockquote]Jeremy s said:

Love it and would not be without it. I upgraded from a 6x108. It is VERY top heavy and almost tipped over when I was getting it off its pallet but it is rock solid stable now. I've never had any problems with the feet at all. What kinds of problems are people reporting with the feet?

Like all edge sanders if the operator slips while holding the piece of wood and it will sand off finger tips and finger nails in milliseconds. The issue is this one takes off 10X more skin or nail in the same amount of time.

[/blockquote]

Just a couple reviews i could find said that the feet leveler system was not beefy or solid enough for such a heavy machine. It looks like the Grizz is the same as the Powermatic and Baleigh minus a couple small differences. The Powermatic is 5 grand.
I am just leery of ordering Grizzly again as the last time i did i was not happy with how much cheaper the machine was built that the exact same model i had just purchaced a few years earlier....I bought the Grizz downdraft machine years ago and then i needed another one so i bought the exact same model and the sheet metal was thinner, base with levelers stripped out...just overall i could tell they changed things to be cheaper!

Good to know you are happy with yours. How old is yours?

I'll look at the feet leveling feet on mine but if I remember correctly I lifted the sander slightly, adjusted the feet and then set it down. A millwright told me that unless it is a precision piece of machinery, that lifting it is better because the screws are often not made to take the torque of lifting a machine. it is also usually faster because the screws on the feet can often be spun by hand when the weight is off of them.

I bought this model about 12 years ago so they very well could have changed a lot since that time.
goaliedad said:

No way in the world would I allow my wife in my shop to clean. Her idea of cleaning and mine are radically different when it comes to the shop. . . . Glad it worked for you, CC. It would not end well for me

LOML's idea of cleaning shop would involve big yard sale and trips to dump
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
Wild Turkey said:

[blockquote]goaliedad said:

No way in the world would I allow my wife in my shop to clean. Her idea of cleaning and mine are radically different when it comes to the shop. . . . Glad it worked for you, CC. It would not end well for me

LOML's idea of cleaning shop would involve big yard sale and trips to dump

[/blockquote]

Probably not if she knew how much you actually paid for everything.

John