FS: Stanley #54 Spokeshave - SOLD

This is the one with spring tensioned throat and flat handles. Cutter lighted stamped with the SW tm, owners "V" mark, replaced screw, everything moved freely, needs a light cleaning.

$20 Plus $8 *****, USA only, PayPal.

Attached Files Image(s)

Re: FS: Stanley #54 Spokeshave - SOLD by JPRI ([color=#1d2129][font...)
Consider this a bump, I have one like it and the top screw on mine was missing the head. I luckily got it removed and sawed in a slot to use it, because I thought it was an "uncommon thread" (stanley I hear was famous for that). My question is, you said you replaced the screw, where did you find one the right thread? Thanks.
  Re: RE: FS: Stanley #54 Spokeshave by toolmiser (Consider this a bump...)
(02-29-2020, 08:31 PM)toolmiser Wrote: Consider this a bump, I have one like it and the top screw on mine was missing the head.  I luckily got it removed and sawed in a slot to use it, because I thought it was an "uncommon thread" (stanley I hear was famous for that).  My question is, you said you replaced the screw, where did you find one the right thread?  Thanks.

Sale is PENDING.  I got it this way.  Screw is brass.  I removed it, and tried a correct screw from another Stanley spokeshave I have, and the correct screw fit fine, so the threads haven't been messed with.
  Re: FS: Stanley #54 Spokeshave - SOLD by JPRI ([color=#1d2129][font...)
That's a sweet shave. Instant depth of cut adjustability. It's my go to work horse for carving wooden wing top bows at my job
Smile
-Wing builder for custom vintage sport biplanes...
I'm your wingman!!