Skunks
That is one reason to move to a better state
(10-01-2019, 09:23 PM)Robert Adams Wrote:                 I bet the black market for pellet guns is massive there....

Not really; NJ is small, and if you want one you can hop into PA and get one as they are not regulated there.  But the risk in NJ is if for some reason you get caught with one without having secured a Firearms ID card, you will get prosecuted, this is no joke.  Again, pellet guns and BB guns are considered "firearms" in NJ.  I have all sorts of rifles and shotguns, so I've got a FID and the pellet gun is no problem.  Don't even ask about handguns, you need a FID plus a separate handgun purchase permit for each handgun (and this applies equally to pellet and BB handguns), and it is simply impossible (unless you are a retired LEO) to get a CC permit as you have to demonstrate to a Superior Court judge that there is an active threat against you and even then they put a short time limit on the carry. Of course, none of this applies to criminals.  CC permit process is being challenged by 3 separate lawsuits that are pending Certification by the SCOTUS as we speak, so things may change, but we'll see.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(10-02-2019, 11:53 AM)fixtureman Wrote: That is one reason to move to a better state

I would rather the skunks move!!!
John T.
The skunks won't move, they don't get shot at in NJ.

Sarcasm

Ed
I have a similar problem with coons. They aren't doing the yard damage but they are destroying other stuff (like my garden) and leaving their crap everywhere on the deck and steps. So I feel confident in telling you that NO, the problem does not ever end. It may go into a lull after you remove so many, but mother nature has a way of regenerating the problem down the road. We live out in the country, and have accepted it as part of our lifestyle....but that doesn't mean I like it.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(10-03-2019, 05:24 AM)fredhargis Wrote: I have a similar problem with coons. They aren't doing the yard damage but they are destroying other stuff (like my garden) and leaving their crap everywhere on the deck and steps. So I feel confident in telling you that NO, the problem does not ever end. It may go into a lull after you remove so many, but mother nature has a way of regenerating the problem down the road. We live out in the country, and have accepted it as part of our lifestyle....but that doesn't mean I like it.

Similar story here.  My property is surrounded by woods and farmed fields.  There are critters everywhere and my yard is in a constant state of excavation by any number of them.  I try treat for grubs, because that is one of the common threads in all the critter damage, but the results have been mixed.  I had major and repeated coon damage last year.  It was unprecedented in the 35 years I've lived on this property.  So far I haven't seen evidence of that this year, but the skunks have been busy in the past week or two.  The damage they do is nothing compared to what the coons did last Fall.  I've lived with moles the entire time here.  I have a groundhog living under my shed.  It's a losing battle, so I just try to keep the yard mowable.
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?

Uhoh
Uhoh
Upset
Upset
Mad
Mad
No
No
Prayer
Prayer
John T.
(10-03-2019, 10:02 AM)JTTHECLOCKMAN Wrote:
Uhoh
Uhoh
Upset
Upset
Mad
Mad
No
No
Prayer
Prayer

trap move to small swimming hole toss water after 20 minutes lesson dispose of failed student.  Really not something I like to shoot
because the bad smell happens .
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

(10-01-2019, 08:45 AM)JTTHECLOCKMAN Wrote: Up date #5 has been spotted last night. Will set trap tonight. Does this ever end??

Not until the entire family is gone
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Well another one showed up last night and the new grass looks like a mess again. Out comes the  trap again. I thought this was over for the year but I guess not. The fight continues.
John T.