Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Email:

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 53,411
» Latest member: TG@HMG
» Forum threads: 64,989
» Forum posts: 1,006,273

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 659 online users.
» 10 Member(s) | 646 Guest(s)
Facebook, Bing, Google, Tapper, J-W-P, Blacky's Boy, DickA, Bawbb, Master-of-None, Howard Pollack

Latest Threads
Greenlee slick handle len...
Forum: Woodworking Hand Tools
Last Post: Blacky's Boy
3 minutes ago
» Replies: 2
» Views: 48
The Plane has landed
Last Post: gordon 131
23 minutes ago
» Replies: 9
» Views: 250
Just hanging around?
Last Post: bandit571
45 minutes ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 9
Stanley 4 1/2 flst bottom...
Forum: Tool Swap N' Sell
Last Post: tablesawtom
1 hour ago
» Replies: 1
» Views: 177
#7 for sale
1 hour ago
» Replies: 11
» Views: 940
Bailey # 3 for sale
1 hour ago
» Replies: 1
» Views: 205
Workbench
Forum: Woodworking
1 hour ago
» Replies: 30
» Views: 859
FS: Delta 12" Radial Arm ...
Last Post: joelk4032
3 hours ago
» Replies: 5
» Views: 107
Daily Bench Shot
Forum: Woodworking
Last Post: Stwood_
Yesterday, 07:42 PM
» Replies: 1,816
» Views: 639,885
Stanley #80
Yesterday, 05:28 PM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 188

Sliding saw update
Posted by: garmar60 - 03-17-2019, 07:55 PM - Forum: Woodworking Power Tools - Replies (21)

After much debate last fall I finally ordered a hammer k3 winner, 48x79. There was a request or 2 for arrival pics so here is the updat. Unit arrived after the first of the year. I did dockpick up so I could inspect it before accepting. All packing was in perfect condition so I had it loaded on to my trailer. Was able to handle the crate with an engine hoist and ceiling mounted 900 lb hoist. Handled the saw on to the base with the ceiling hoist. I put it on a Grizzly bear crawl. Assembly of the tables and fence took some time. Followed the online videos so no issues. Only had to set the rip fence scale. Everything else seemed to be dead on. I made th3 fritz and franz jig first and have done a couple smaller projects so for. I really like the saw the adjustment to different operation methods is not an issue. With3 the f&f jig I don’t rip against th3 rip fence. Here are some pics of the sa2 and jig
Thanks
Gary

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Print this item

Politics Ask Michael
Posted by: Timberwolf - 03-17-2019, 07:15 PM - Forum: Woodworking Hand Tools - Replies (8)

He purchases wood for Martin Guitars....This is a few years old but I found it very interesting.......

http://blog.martinguitar.com/blog/ask-mi...purchasing

Print this item

Anyone know much about a "Yuba shopsmith radial arm saw"?
Posted by: Wild Turkey - 03-17-2019, 06:43 PM - Forum: Woodworking Power Tools - Replies (5)

There's one for sale locally and an excellent price and I'm thinking of getting one for dado work.

Anyone know how good they are?
Confused

Print this item

Shop Apron *Sold*
Posted by: Yotie - 03-17-2019, 06:28 PM - Forum: Tool Swap N' Sell - Replies (14)

Hello all. I was asked by a fellow member here if I could make a shop apron with cross back straps instead of a neck strap. I was able to make him one.... I made a second one at the same time that I’m offering up here. Made from Martexin Commercial water resistant heavy canvas, with leather straps & pockets (that have a flap to keep the saw dust out). It fits me perfectly 6’-190 lbs, but has plenty of adjustments in all three straps to go smaller & larger. Ranch made in Nevada. $150, includes shipped priority in the USA. PM if interested. Don

Print this item

Neglected by table saw (rust)
Posted by: Cpl_Eyeball - 03-17-2019, 06:28 PM - Forum: Woodworking Power Tools - Replies (14)

I have been religiously applying wax to my table saw's surface until last year.  Doh.  I have noticed today that some spots have some surface rust on it.  Should I use a very fine sandpaper to remove it or do something else?

Print this item

Hand Axe
Posted by: Downwindtracker2 - 03-17-2019, 05:35 PM - Forum: Woodworking Hand Tools - Replies (4)

I've always called them hand axes, they are flat on one side with the bevel on the other, like a one handed  small broad axe. I picked one up at the fleamarket today for $10, rusty with a couple of notches , like someone was cutting a screw. This one has red epoxy suggesting Plumb, but no red stain. I would like to know about them to see if I could track it down. Google didn't help much.

Print this item

Sanding pads vs. paper?
Posted by: Woodtourer - 03-17-2019, 02:16 PM - Forum: Finishing - Replies (5)

Tell me why you might prefer one over the other? This would be between finish coats.

Print this item

Drywall
Posted by: mickanick1 - 03-17-2019, 11:59 AM - Forum: Home Improvement - Replies (28)

Hello everyone, I want to drywall my garage this spring and was wondering if I should do the celling first or the walls or does it really matter. Thanks for the help and have a great day.

Print this item

Fridge pops GFI
Posted by: carwashguy - 03-17-2019, 10:24 AM - Forum: Home Improvement - Replies (24)

My fridge shares the circuit with 1 countertop GFI outlet. Sometime yesterday the fridge started tripping the GFI.  I thought (was hoping) that is had something to do with the ice maker so i turned the ice maker off but it just tripped the GFI again.   When i reset the GFI the compressor immediately turned on.  I'd like to get a couple of more years out of this 16 year old fridge, if possible.  Any insight on what the issue could be before I pull it out from the wall in an attempt to troubleshoot it?  I have to go out for a couple of hours but I'll be working on this by about 2 o'clock.
BTW -  My wife has already decided to go appliance shopping!  

Print this item

What’s it?
Posted by: Gary G™ - 03-17-2019, 10:20 AM - Forum: Woodworking - Replies (2)

Nothing turned up in my Google search. These?:

Print this item

Product Recommendations

Here are some supplies and tools we find essential in our everyday work around the shop. We may receive a commission from sales referred by our links; however, we have carefully selected these products for their usefulness and quality.