Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Email:

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 53,420
» Latest member: jdfnnl
» Forum threads: 65,078
» Forum posts: 1,007,995

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 413 online users.
» 10 Member(s) | 400 Guest(s)
Bing, Google, WoodCzech, lincmercguy, woodguy_1, BrokenOlMarine, Lupo, mdhills, Mr_Mike, atn

Latest Threads
Some saws (on request)
Forum: Woodworking Hand Tools
Last Post: Aram
Yesterday, 08:12 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 443
A Project for May?
Last Post: bandit571
Yesterday, 06:57 PM
» Replies: 21
» Views: 697
Retractable Electrical Ho...
Forum: Woodworking Power Tools
Last Post: Tapper
Yesterday, 02:49 PM
» Replies: 19
» Views: 1,063
390 segment flower petal ...
Forum: Woodturning
Last Post: FrankAtl
Yesterday, 12:36 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 113
Home made plane better th...
Last Post: Derek Cohen
05-08-2024, 07:00 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 680
Gutter Guards
Forum: Home Improvement
Last Post: Snipe Hunter
05-08-2024, 05:25 PM
» Replies: 12
» Views: 566
Millers Falls
Last Post: Tony Z
05-08-2024, 05:07 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 275
WTB: Leigh RTJ400 Router ...
Forum: Tool Swap N' Sell
Last Post: Paladin
05-08-2024, 04:18 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 105
Presenting: The RAS Mite...
Forum: Woodworking Power Tools
Last Post: jteneyck
05-08-2024, 12:24 PM
» Replies: 36
» Views: 1,676
New Shop Photos - Randy C
Forum: Woodworking
Last Post: iclark
05-07-2024, 11:01 PM
» Replies: 19
» Views: 1,121

Politics Power carving
Posted by: Timberwolf - 03-20-2019, 09:43 PM - Forum: Woodworking - Replies (1)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4wdkcrLzRo

Print this item

Dust mask/respirator
Posted by: meanderawl - 03-20-2019, 06:59 PM - Forum: Woodworking - Replies (16)

Really need to start using some sort of dust protection while sanding.  Was leaning toward the Trend full face air driven mask but reading a lot of negative reviews regarding quality for that kind of money (close to $400).  Also not sure how comfortable a full face mask would be for extended periods when sanding a larger project.  Reading a lot of good comments on a half face mask, GVS Elipse P100.  It seems pretty compact and maybe wouldn't interfere with eyeglasses.  Plus it's a lot cheaper, about $30.  Any input on either, or other products would be appreciated.  Going to Chantily woodshow this  weekend and would hate to drop $400 on something i'm going to find i'm not using because of the comfort aspect or inferior product.

Print this item

Exclamation Secret Santa
Posted by: Santa's_Elves - 03-20-2019, 03:47 PM - Forum: Woodworking Hand Tools - Replies (7)

All,

It's time to turn over the reigns to someone else.  I've got a trip planned this year that would be right in the middle of the SS season. This happened once before and I don't think it was a positive situation.

Unfortunately, I'm also leaving for a trip on 31 Mar for 45 days or so.

So, if I can't hand this over before then, I will repost when I get back.

Please PM me if you are interested in taking over as "Santa's Elf"...

Thanks!

Print this item

Guys Help me out I forgot who I owe $$
Posted by: Arlin Eastman - 03-20-2019, 01:45 PM - Forum: Tool Swap N' Sell - Replies (11)

to.

I know one is for shipping costs and I do not remember the other. 

If you are the two please send me a pm so I can send the funds

Print this item

Backsplash Tiling
Posted by: DieselDennis - 03-20-2019, 01:34 PM - Forum: Home Improvement - Replies (7)

Undertaking a new countertop project soon.  Part of it will be a new tiled backsplash.  SWMBO has it narrowed down to either an ogee type mosaic or the basic 2x6 subway tiles.  I've got a question about installation time between the two types.  I realize that on the mosaic tiles, they come in sheets and therefore you can "apply" multiple tiles at once, and all the sheet nest together and life is grand.  However, seems like you'll have more work in going back and cutting little "half tiles" to fit in all the gaps left by the sheets around all the edges.  For this reason, it seems that I would be better off with a subway tile (or any thing that has a straight edge).  I'm also not keen on trimming the mosaic sheets around the 9 outlets around the backsplash.

So what does WN say?  Save time by applying the sheets?  Or quicker in the end to just go with the rectangle tiles?  

Picture of her proposed pattern:

[Image: 081516541324.jpg]

Print this item

Work Sharp SOLD
Posted by: Woodjets - 03-20-2019, 12:32 PM - Forum: Tool Swap N' Sell - Replies (1)

Model WSKTS
$35 plus shipping. It should fit in a priority flat rate box.
Comes with what's in the pics.

Print this item

<<SOLD>>Wednesday Blue Light Special..tiny sash mortice chisel
Posted by: Timberwolf - 03-20-2019, 12:04 PM - Forum: Tool Swap N' Sell - Replies (9)

This is a vintage Buck Brothers in almost  new condition..about as "mint" as it can be....no apologies with this one!..Great size for niggling out those small dovetails or mortices...smallest I have ever seen..measures about 3/32" at the cutting edge..selling it for $25.00 which includes shipping...USA sales only {sorry}..Paypal F&F..First PM with the magic words, "I'll take it:...
Big Grin
Thanks for looking...

[Image: fullsizeoutput-372.jpg]

Print this item

Overthinking joinery
Posted by: Cooler - 03-20-2019, 11:21 AM - Forum: Woodworking - Replies (8)

I am doing a "full gut" on the second bathroom in my house.  The bathroom is original to the home which was built in 1953 (I have the original builder's plans drawn in 1952).

There was a vanity table in the bath as well as a wall mounted sink.

I dismantled the vanity which consisted of a top, and two pedestals.  Each pedestal had one drawer and one door.  

The entire vanity was made with butt joints and headed nails which were apparently hand driven.  No glue.  No screws. No dowels. (Oops!  The hinges were screwed in.)

The boxes were butt jointed and nailed; the drawers were butt jointed and nailed.  No glue anywhere.  And 1/2" thick plywood throughout.  So someone was pretty good at driving nails.  

So it stayed together (and solid) for 66 years.  I'm not sure my "properly joined" cabinets will do as well.

Print this item

Nevermind
Posted by: Wild Turkey - 03-19-2019, 06:16 PM - Forum: Woodworking - Replies (3)

wrong forum again
Rolleyes

Print this item

Stu's news
Posted by: Skip J. - 03-19-2019, 03:15 PM - Forum: Woodworking Hand Tools - Replies (10)

Here's Stu's latest words on his upcoming move from Japan, and a bit about the tools he has left to sell.  The big news for us is that he will still continue to handle special orders.

Stu's Tools

Print this item

Product Recommendations

Here are some supplies and tools we find essential in our everyday work around the shop. We may receive a commission from sales referred by our links; however, we have carefully selected these products for their usefulness and quality.