Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Email:

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 53,512
» Latest member: tsimmons
» Forum threads: 66,094
» Forum posts: 1,024,288

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 422 online users.
» 13 Member(s) | 406 Guest(s)
Bing, Facebook, Google, gedderdone, Kizar_Sozay, camp10, kopterpilot, Ken T., brianwelch, trc65, MountainWood, SceneryMaker, chrisntam, JosephP

Latest Threads
Calling all Riverside Cou...
Forum: Woodworking
Last Post: Gary G™
2 hours ago
» Replies: 3
» Views: 54
Free Alternative to Sketc...
Last Post: Admiral
4 hours ago
» Views: 288
Question for Snipe Hunter...
Forum: Home Improvement
Last Post: gear jammer
6 hours ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 49
Question about Garage Doo...
Last Post: EatenByLimestone
8 hours ago
» Replies: 6
» Views: 295
New Dinette Table for Dau...
Last Post: MstrCarpenter
Yesterday, 10:08 PM
» Replies: 13
» Views: 946
New Roof Question
Last Post: Cub_Cadet_GT
Yesterday, 05:16 PM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 966
Shelf on Coffee Table
Last Post: barnowl
Yesterday, 02:07 PM
» Views: 162
"we have a Plan"
Forum: Woodworking Hand Tools
Last Post: bandit571
Yesterday, 01:19 PM
» Replies: 12
» Views: 624
Felder Format 4 Kappa 40 ...
Forum: Tool Swap N' Sell
Last Post: FrankAtl
Yesterday, 10:50 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 154
Ocean Bowl
Forum: Woodturning
Last Post: mtrainer90
Yesterday, 09:18 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 75

Help with posting photos
Posted by: longbarrel50 - 12-06-2014, 06:56 PM - Forum: Woodworking Hand Tools - Replies (3)

Go to Photobucket and click on the picture you want to copy and click on the "IMG" and copy that and paste it in your message.

Print this item

Projects in Progress
Posted by: SW_IOWA_SAWYER - 12-02-2014, 12:33 PM - Forum: Woodworking - Replies (36)

I like to see what other people are building but I haven't seen many new postings of stuff in progress. So I thought I would post something to start it off. I have been working on these for awhile getting close to being done with these three I built two more but they are done and gone. I was nervous about all the hand cut dovetails but once I got the hang of it it wasn't bad. They are in my opinion kind of complicated (well at least detailed so you need to pay attention to the little details for it all to come together) It was fun as I also cut all the logs on my mill to build these except the drawers which I found some curly maple at Home Depot that I had to have. I didn't figure out per board foot on the maple I probably would have been stunned!

Print this item

I can't believe I finished!!
Posted by: Blacky's Boy - 12-01-2014, 09:19 AM - Forum: Woodworking Hand Tools - Replies (26)

For the past month I've been working non-stop (during the weekends) on my family room project. I ended up using some vacation time as well as the time off for Thanksgiving to complete the project. The walls and ceiling were painted so my main focus was the base board, crown molding, door, and stair trim. I had promised LOML to have this done for next weekend so that we could move all the tools out. My daughter's birthday party is this coming weekend.

So why am I talking about this in hand tools? Well, aside from (2) cuts I used my Stanley Miter Boxes for ALL of the cuts.

And I'm not sure if all that time spent beforehand using my hand tools helped but it seemed like the cuts came out MUCH more accurately than any project I've ever done. Even LOML noticed (which was a nice surprise)

Now (after the party) all I need to do is putty the holes and then paint. But that's EASY.

Print this item

Need Sharpening Advice for Spokeshave...
Posted by: Israel - 11-30-2014, 06:08 PM - Forum: Woodworking Hand Tools - Replies (3)

I hone mine at 30° - if that's what you are asking.

Print this item

An Old Tool Chest - What to Do? (Pic Heavy)
Posted by: dustyrag - 11-30-2014, 12:39 PM - Forum: Woodworking Hand Tools - Replies (12)

In terms of hinges, I had roughly the same problem as you do with an old cabinet I'm (still!) restoring. I was not happy with the existing loose/damaged ones so I removed them, cleaned up the hinge slots with chisels, and filled them in with some scrap maple (I made no attempt to match the color to the old wood). Then I installed piano hinges.

Print this item

Yet another belt sharpener...
Posted by: Timberwolf - 11-25-2014, 09:30 PM - Forum: Woodworking Hand Tools - Replies (107)

Built with just a few simple tools and inexpensive materials...and lots of desire....I think Mark did a fine job building this hand tool sharpener, especially true when all he had to go by was a few pictures and no measurements or prints..Good job, Mark!!!!

http://www.forums.woodnet.net/ubbthreads...mp;sb=5&o=7

Print this item

A Twelve board chest
Posted by: Jonathan S - 11-24-2014, 01:35 AM - Forum: Woodworking Hand Tools - Replies (11)

I like it, and I am sure the young lady receiving it will like it even more. Very well executed!!

Print this item

A Watch Box (finished with pics)
Posted by: loosetoe - 11-23-2014, 06:02 PM - Forum: Woodworking - Replies (29)

Close to perfect?

PERFECT!!!!

Print this item

Secret Santa Arrival Thread
Posted by: iclark - 11-20-2014, 11:08 PM - Forum: Woodworking Hand Tools - Replies (16)

Good call, thanks Clark.

Print this item

Wanna see some purdy wood?
Posted by: MarvW - 11-20-2014, 10:37 AM - Forum: Woodworking Hand Tools - Replies (10)

Yowza!

Print this item

Product Recommendations

Here are some supplies and tools we find essential in our everyday work around the shop. We may receive a commission from sales referred by our links; however, we have carefully selected these products for their usefulness and quality.